Saturday, February 27, 2010

Week 3

On the road in Birmingham...

This week we traveled to Birmingham for ESPN's Saturday night game. We had another great week, beating the Stallions 21-6.

Safety Bruce Laird and the defense had a great night. Laird had an interception, and the defense racked up 3 turnovers. In our 3 games they've given up a league low 24 points. Here Bruce brings down a Stallion receiver.
 


Kit Lathrop got in the backfield so fast he almost took the handoff.... instead he just brought down Birmingham QB Cliff Stoudt before he could give the ball to Joe Cribbs.

  



I finished the day 11-21 with a TD and no interceptions despite our best receiver, my brother Brian, getting hurt early in the 2nd quarter. He'll be back next week.

  



The defense had Cliff Stoudt on the run all day.

  



Here Kit Lathrop breaks through the middle. I love this shot of Stoudt.... the camera caught him at a moment where it looks like he just wants to walk off the field....

  



Speaking of wanting to walk off the field.... I was just happy I was able to walk after this showdown.... I swear, it looked open for a second there. I'm not showing the picture of me after this hit.... that's going up in Brian's locker as a reminder not to get hurt anymore so i don't have to try to make things happen with my feet.

  

Looks like we'll be trying out some kickers this week after ours got hurt..... might have to give my old buddy Tim Taylor a call. He got cut by the Bears last season and is trying catch on somewhere.

See you next week.
Gene Sanny 21

3 comments:

  1. Wow - I can't believe this! I thought for sure after being cut by the Bears I'd never kick again. If it's available I'd love to wear the #3. I suppose there is some kind of locker room ritual I'll have to do if someone else already has it. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still havent recieved news as to the extent of my injuries...

    ReplyDelete
  3. either a pectoral or a hang nail.... it was hard to tell with all the crying and screaming "no, don't touch it!"

    ReplyDelete